Saturday, July 20, 2013

Crazy Fun at VBS Week

So the fact that I'm writing this right now is proof that I made it through VBS week alive! It was a busy and hectic week, but oh so much fun! Leading worship was a blast! I will never forget seeing the kids' smiles as they sang and danced while praising Jesus. The week prior to VBS was just as crazy as the worship team and I tried to learn ten brand new songs...that's right ten! We were all a little worried going into the actual week of VBS, but those worries soon went away as we just began to have fun praising God.

 The first day of VBS we were all a little nervous. I remember getting on stage, looking at the 70 kids that made up the audience and feeling nervous. Then, one of my little friends, Rachel (who's about eight), called my name and motioned for me to come to her. I rushed over towards her (because we were about to start soon) and with a big smile she handed me a folded piece of paper. I got back onstage and opened it, only to find that it was a picture that she had colored for me. It was the sweetest thing and I could feel God just saying, "See, it's all going to be alright!" After that, I could just feel all my nervousness go away. As the rest of the worship team and I started to play our songs I could see that we all weren't as nervous. Sure we messed up, but we were all just having fun as a band, praising Jesus!

This year's VBS was set in the medieval times, so most of the leaders dressed up (which made it more fun for us and the kids). I got the awesome opportunity of bonding with some of the little ones at church as we played games and learned more about God through the Epic Bible Adventures each day. Throughout the week, the kids learned that God's love, family and friends, prayer, trusting in God and the Bible helps each of us to stand strong when the storms come. Sir Kermit and Lady Tamara each did a great job as they acted out the epic Bible story each night. All the kids learned a lot and man, so did I! 

This whole week has been such a blessing as I bonded with the worship team and the kids! Man, I've thought this before, but now I'm thoroughly convinced that the biggest blessings come in the smallest packages! God taught me so much this past week...now if only I could get those songs out of my head! 




No comments:

Post a Comment