Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Summer So Far

Well, it’s been about a month since I finished my first year of college (still can’t believe it) and man oh man has the Lord blessed me! First, when I had first gotten off for the summer I started to look for a job. I spent about a week and a half calling places asking if they were hiring, filling out applications and turning in resumes until finally I got a job at a tutoring place right down the street. During the interview, everything just seemed to fall into place. I found out that my boss had attended Azusa Pacific and that he and his wife had attended my church and been part of the home school group there for a brief period of time. That night, after the interview, he called me up asking if I could start working the next day. Of course I was super nervous at the beginning, but I had prayed and did a Bible study before I went in and I could just feel the Lord calming my nerves and telling me that it was all going to be just fine. Now, I've been working there for almost a full month and my boss is giving me more clients and hours as time progresses.

Since I've only been working afternoons, I've also gotten to see some of my friends that I haven’t seen in a really long time, one of which I haven’t seen since we graduated from high school last year. It was so nice to see her again and catch up with one another, but what made it even cooler was that instead of it being awkward at first, we just seemed to pick up right where we left off. We had a blast hanging out together and hopefully will do it again sometime soon! The Lord has completely blessed me with amazing friends and it’s just really awesome getting to catch up with each of them and seeing how God has been moving in their lives.

It’s also really nice to be able to spend more time at home with my parents and my family. At school, I was so busy that I didn't quite realize how much I missed being at home and just how much I missed my mom and dad. It’s funny because there really is never a dull moment with me and my parents. They are both hilarious and such blessings in my life. I cherish every moment I have with them whether that be shopping in the grocery store and dancing in the aisles, saving little ducks, or just kicking back at home together. I love you guys more than you’ll ever know!

Lastly, this past year I started to lead the youth worship team at my church and now because I have more time, I've been leading it more often which has been a complete blessing! There’s just something about leading His people in song. It’s a feeling that is hard to explain, but it’s such a privilege to be able to lead the youth at my church into God’s throne room. It’s funny too because I had joined to help fill in a gap that was left in the worship team (at that time there was only one other person to lead), but of course God had a bigger plan. He has taught me so much about Himself, worship, music and teamwork. Now, the worship team has grown and it’s even better doing worship with my friends finding harmonies, experimenting musically and just having a great time as we worship the Lord together!

So yeah, you could say that this summer has been pretty awesome so far! I know I keep saying it, but God has blessed me soooooo much! Everything I do is all for Him, whether that is at my job, leading worship, or just going about everyday life. So that in everything, God may be glorified (1 Peter 4:11)! 

4 comments:

  1. Chrystal!! You are as much a blessing to your parents as they are to you. What a great role model you are to todays youth. God is definitely going to continue using you in an amazing way. I pray that one day my girls will grow up to be like you. Stay focused on the Lord. God Bless you always!! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete